Wednesday, August 27, 2008

LA Blog # 8 "I'm comin' home, friends!"

Greetings folks!

So when I began this blog I did not intend for it to be updated only one time a month, haha.  I apologize for the  tenth time!  What's new? Over here in LA is going very well.  Just finished up a few days on Greek, which is always a good time.  

As far as other work, I have an episode of Chuck coming up sometime (not sure when the show begins airing).  To be completely honest, the shows have all mashed up together that I can't even remember what else I worked on last week... yikes.  

The theater is closing up at the end of September and I'm still debating on whether or not I will get another weekend job.  I'd like to get in over at Trader Joe's for the discount, but I've found businesses aren't really looking to hire somebody who can only come in on Saturday and Sunday... haha.  

I don't really have a lot to share right now, so this will be a much shorter blog than the last few I have written.  

Weezer is coming to town soon.  I have been trying to see them for years but somehow I always miss out on tickets.   SO, when I saw the announcement that they would be here in LA in October, I set an alarm and everything to purchase tickets the second they went on sale.  Somehow, I completely missed the alarm, missed the presale, and now the only available tickets are in the top section of the arena and with a side view... crap.  So, now I'm sitting on my cash disappointed while considering paying $70 for a crappy view of my all-time favorite band...  

As far as movies, I haven't been watching a whole lot lately.  I did see Pineapple Express, which I thought was brilliant.  Tropic Thunder also tickled my funny bone, however, not quite as good as Judd Apatow's production.  I have not seen Dark Knight yet... I get crap for it all the time, especially since  I've been working part time in a movie theater in which I could see it for free.  Whoops.  I guess I'm just not that interested in Batman.  I'll see it, don't get me wrong, just no rush.  

As I write this, I am watching the newly released DVD of the HBO series Entourage.  I've been waiting for season 4 to be available to rent for what seems like forever.  If you have yet to watch Entourage, see it. Its fantastic.

I think either I've run out of things to say right now, or I'm just too distracted by my television.  
The only other news I have right now is that to my Ohio folk back home... I will be in town between December 19th and January 12th!  That is 25 freakin days!  If I don't see you, we have problems, haha.  Keep in touch, email me your phone number if you don't think I have it and we will hang out!  Hope to hear from you, and see you all very soon! Take care!

- Arthur

2 comments:

Bryan Kennedy said...

Trivial Pursuit!!!

Anonymous said...

you better make a stop in chicago and see me. I dont know when Ill be home.