Sunday, July 6, 2008

LA Blog #7

Well, it's been awhile since I have posted... a few weeks anyway.  Work has kept me very busy and I continuously forget to update. Perhaps that's a good thing?

Anyhow, before I get too deep into the "weekly (so I claim) blog"  I have to share a video with you all that I found on youtube. While searching for a quote's origin during discussion with a gal, I was hunting Cookie Monster clips... I came across this skit starring Kermit and a little girl named Joey performing the Alphabet Song in '78 I believe.  This girl is absolutely adorable and if she doesn't steal your heart at the end of the clip, your heart may not actually exist :)  Keep in mind that this was planned to be just a recital of the alphabet and on her on, this girl Joey throws in her own little thing.  At one point, Jim Henson nearly breaks character in laughter.  Enjoy!



Am I right, or am I right... or am I right?

Anyway... I haven't really kept track of all of the shows I've been working on... I apologize for that. I will attempt to catch you up a little bit, just not in order.

Most recently, I have been back at GREEK.  On my return to the show after the brief hiatus, I was bummed to find that the crew has changed up a bit.  What this means is, that the time I had spent getting to know and getting in with the A.D.s (Assistant Directors), is all gone and I'm starting over.  So the new crew has all of their new "favorites" (girls with large breasts). Whatcha gonna do, right? Well, I'm beginning to make my plans for the future of my career.  So this will just help me move along a bit :)  I'm not sure when the new episodes will air, but I may actually have some pretty decent shots so keep an eye out for me!

I worked on what supposedly may be the final episode of E.R.  To be honest, before working on the show, I didn't even know it was still on the air... whoops.  Apparently people were saying last year was the last season, so its very possible all of you hospital drama fans out there will get another season of Uncle Jesse playing a doctor.

I put a few days into a couple of pilots for possible new TV shows... One starring Catherine O'Hara (Home Alone, as if I should have to tell you), and another starring the kid who played Alfalfa in the 1996(?) Little Rascals movie.  Pretty funny stuff.

Last weekend I was booked on NBC's CHUCK.  This was a very very fun show to work on.  I have never watched the show, but my mother loves it.  I do have a high interest in it, but I'm of course waiting for the DVD as I seem to lack the availability to keep up with a show while it airs each week.

Finally, as far as work goes, many of you know that I took a days pay for sitting in the audience during the recording of the final two "reunion episodes" of A Shot At Love with Tila Tequila.  Now, most of you should know that I despise reality TV, and these so called "D-List 'Celebrities' searching for love" shows make me sick.  Due to an agreement I signed with MTV, I am unable to go into detail right now on my experience there, but once the shows air, you'll hear from me.

Ok, moving forward!  I was very disappointed 2 weekends ago to find that after planning on attending months in advance, I missed all 3 of the Indians games here at Dodger Stadium.  I live 10minutes from the stadium, which makes this even more upsetting to me.  The Tribe won 2 of the 3 games and I missed them all!  Bummerooski.

I have always been a huge fan of country music star Alan Jackson.  I have always really wanted to take in a live show of his and my chance is just around the corner.  Mr. Jackson is performing at the Orange County fair at the end of this month.  Tickets are pricey, but it's something I really want to do.  I'm of course also very curious to check out a California county fair.  As most of you know, Lorain County Fair holds a dear dear place in my heart as a huge portion of every summer since I was eligible to join 4-H was put into fair projects.  The Orange County Fair runs for a whopping 3 weeks! Yikes!  That's a long batch of camper living time.  Then of course the Los Angeles County Fair follows in August. 

Onto the movies...  Theatrically, I can't really suggest anything right now.  Not that i don't think there are films worth seeing, it's just that I haven't had time to check anything out lately.  The last movie I saw in theater was The Incredible Hulk.  I despised the 2003 Ang Lee version, as many of you did too.  THIS Hulk was the movie I expected to see 5 years ago.  Check it out if its still in theaters.  As far as what's screening currently, I'm very interested in Hancock, Wall*E, and a few others.  Next week we see the release of HELLBOY 2.  I watched the first film a few times and never really got into it, however, the trailers for its sequel still have me very interested.  The most important film of the year (for me) follows 2 weeks later in the new X-Files movie.  I am absolutely stoked for this.  David Duchovany claimed this was in the works years ago and I was starting to doubt him, but the time is now, and I'm ready.  Plus, Gillian Anderson is looking pretty bomb these days... :)

Now what have I been watching at home? Let me run down a few titles for ya:

The Adventures Of Robin Hood:  This movie is today hailed as a classic advenure/action movie and rightfully so.  Errol Flynn did most of his own (dangerous) stunts in this film.  The technicolor transfer is gorgeous.  While the movie, in my personally opinion doesn't hold up for multiple views (at least not very often) but I highly recommend those of you into film history to check it out.

Annie Hall: Right off the bat, this is a MUST SEE.  I have watched this brilliant Woody Allen classic at least 20 times (maybe more, no exaggerations here) and I can easily find my self having a laugh every time.  I find when a movie can make me laugh out loud, even while watching by myself, provides a great great feeling.  Watch this film NOW!  Trailer:



Easy Rider: A trained actor in Dennis Hopper, a good looking guy with no acting training, but a very popular last name in Peter Fonda and and upcoming mega star in Jack Nicholson flipped the film business on its head in this beautifully shot, when indie movies were actually independent movies, is amazing.  I can watch this over and over and never get sick of it.  I've never been huge on motorcycles, other than the dirt bike I had about 10 years ago, but this movie makes me wish I had one to drive across country with no particular destination other than Mardi Gras.  Nevermind the fact that all 3 guys were without a doubt stoned out of their minds while making it, which isn't my bag, but it shows.  Another must see film. I'm fairly sure that this can be found on DVD in stores for under $10. Absolutely worth adding to the home video collection.

The Long Goodbye: I'm not too familiar with Robert Altman's work, but I'm trying. Many of his films are on my "watch list" so you'll be hearing from me.  This 1973 detective flick stars the always enjoyable Elliot Gould who unfortunately most people only know as the father of Ross and Monica Geller on friends...  For those of you who are reading that missed the 70's (as I did) Mr. Gould was one of the first hosts during the original run of Saturday Night Live and starred in many popular "sex comedies" of the decade.  Do yourself a favor and pull him up on the IMDB, put some titles on your Netflix list or drive out to *shudder* Blockbuster and hope they have at least one title in stock that was released before 1995.  PS - For those of you back home in Ohio who are not in the know, the Oberlin Public Library has a great selection of movies to rent, for free!  Anyway, this was a good flick, I'll return to it again soon.

Peeping Tom:  "A Very British Psycho"... This cult "classic" bored me to tears. Pass.  Rent Psycho... not the version with Vince Vaughn.

Walt Disney's Tomorrowland: Now this hear is not a movie, but a 2 disc DVD set of select episodes from Walt Disney's classic television series.  This of course aired well before I was born so one may assume they are a bit outdated, and they are, slightly.  This collection highlights Walt's love for the study of space travel and the solar system.  Its a shame children watching the Disney Channel today do not have shows like this that educate while still being highly entertaining.  The DVD is well out of print but can be found on amazon or ebay for under $30.  Otherwise, trusty ol Netflix has it available for rent. Check it!

Well, that about wraps it up for me this weekend.  I promise I will do my best to keep this updated weekly.  Look for a new post next Sunday night or Monday morning.  I'll fill you in on my jobs, my very set search for finding a photographer for headshots (finally), my possible hair cut (excited?)  and more movies.  

Leave comments, take care, suggest movies!  If you have Netflix, let me know so I can add you to my friend list and we can share movies!  

Oh and one more thing before I go, I've come across this little band out of Canada that I cannot stop listening to.  The Corb Lund Band. Check it, video below.   Any questions, comments or just something you'd like to share with me, either leave below, on MySpace/Facebook, or good ol email to arthurisalltherage@gmail.com  Take care!

- Arthur


No comments: