Sunday, May 18, 2008

LA Blog #6

Let me get it out of the way... Leslie and Kevin are arriving in the morning!  I'm actually having some trouble getting in bed due to excitement of incoming visiting friends.  I still have 9 hours before I pick them up from LAX... haha.  We don't have a whole lot planned out for the week quite yet other than plenty of record store shopping.  Kevin has printed out a 30 page list of stores... yikes!  Also, we 3 have tickets on reserve for The Price Is Right on Wednesday!  So that should be pretty big fun.  Otherwise, I have Tuesday and Thursday open for work as of right now, just hoping for a TV spot or something to drop in on me.  

So, with visiting friends as the current topic, Cassie Kendeigh spent the most part of last week here in LA with me.  It wasn't very easy making plans as I had a lot of work opportunities coming in.  I ended up working my first ever television commercial and let me tell ya... it was not so hot.  It was one of those Verizon Wireless commercials with all the people behind the "Can you hear me now?" guy.  The work was very repetitive and boring, but I only worked 4 hours and got paid for 12, so I can dig. haha.  Friday night last week, Cassie and I happened on a free show being put on by Hot Hot Heat at the Grove (a popular outdoor shopping mall).  They were ok... the sound was bad and they kind of annoyed me. Enjoyable anyhow.  Cassie took off last Sunday to return to Ohio after a weeks vacation.

There had been hints floating around that Greek would be shooting the Spring Break episode out in Long Beach in coming weeks.  I had very much been hoping to get on board for this shoot as only a crazy person wouldn't want to spend two days in the California sun on the beach with good people... and get paid for it!  So, I received the call to show up in my regular role as a Kappa Tau active.  Spent Monday in the studio shooting a night beach scene, then hit the beach for the two days following.  Very nice indeed.  Long Beach did get pretty chilly the first evening, but day 2 was beautiful.  Needless to say, I fell victim to my first sunburn in many many years even with mega sun block on! Who knew? 

Unfortunately, I found out that Greek was going on hiatus for a while after this episode was wrapped.  I was bummed to hear as I was starting to get comfortable with the other regulars and crew.  Its a decently popular show so I'm sure they will be coming back in due time.  There was a brief moment during shooting on the beach in which two girls approached the star of the show and asked for a picture and autograph, in which he had no problem dealing out.  Very cool stuff.

Greek took up the majority of my week.  The rest of the time was spent either at the movie theater or trying to cool my sun burn down around the house.  

Oh, before I forget! My first episode of Greek airs Monday evening on ABC Family! I believe the show begins around 8pm. Check your local listings friends.  I may appear in a scene in which the Kappa Tau boys receive a phone call about some basketball tickets.  Let me know if ya see me!  My second episode airs the following week, so set your DV-R's or Tivos... or VCRs?  

Its funny working in these TV shows out here... you start running into a lot of people from other past jobs.  On Greek this week I ran into Kelly, a gal in which I worked with on SHARK a few weeks back.  I spent most of my day with her and another new friend Allie.  Very very cool girls.  Kelly believes that our SHARK episode airs this coming week as well.  I don't believe I will be visible, but Kelly is the girl being stalked by the creepy guy in the car.  Watch for her!
 
So this week I watched 2 movies that I assumed would never interest me in any way: THE CELL starring Jennifer Lopez and Vince Vaughn.  Very very freaky movie! Beautifully shot and a must see... maybe not so much for the squeamish, but to be considered.  I must note, although not always picking fantastic projects to showcase it, J-Lo is a very very talented actress.  Secondly, I watched GATTACA. Why did I watch Gattaca? I have no idea, but it was a refreshingly entertaining Sci-Fi movie.  Throw it up onto your Netflix queue if you have it.

Indiana Jones opens this week... excited? I submit YES.

I ran across a Woody Allen double feature for $7 downtown this past Thursday! Sleeper and Bananas. $7! Brilliant!

Finally, before I attempt to get a little sleep before heading towards the airport in a few hours... I will be home in Ohio May 27th through June 2nd!  I'll be heading home to see my brother Geoff Wightman before he ships off to Iraq mid-June.  Find us,  party with us.  If  you can't respond here, call me, email me, myspace me, facebook me, find me!  

Until then, keep an eye out for me on Greek! Goodnight and see ya all soon!

-Arthur

1 comment:

Alexandria Berry said...

i love Sleeper. that alone is worth $7. miss you aj!